Dream Center Peoria hosted its inaugural Volunteer Banquet last Friday, February 8th. Approximately 175 volunteers from 5 area churches and agencies were honored for their hard work and dedication in 2007. Dream Center programs would not exist without the faithfulness of volunteers, and videos shared during the evening reflected this fact. Some highlights of 2007 include:
• 1,000 families per month received clothing and household items from Hope
• 70 families received furniture and/or appliances from FAITH Warehouse.
• 175 of 200 homes at Taft were reached through Adopt-A-Block.
• 2,100 back packs given away during Back Pack Peoria.
• 4,000 pairs of socks were distributed during Back Pack Peoria.
• 20 Ladies per week grow in relationships with each other and God through
Ladies Night Out
• Over 300 families participated in and were fed at the Fall and Summer Cookouts.
• Over 5,000 families were helped with groceries through Angel Food.
• 200 families received free groceries through Operation Angel Food.
• Up to 80 kids attended Metro Kidz each week. 60% received Jesus.
• 250 adults and children participated in DCP athletics.
• 125 young people impacted the city through Mission Peoria.
At the banquet, volunteers received DCP t-shirts, small tokens for their efforts. If you volunteered for Dream Center in 2007 but were unable to attend the banquet, please contact Amy at 676.3000 x 250 regarding t-shirt availability.
One of the highlight of the evening was seeing the faces of the volunteers as we showed them different videos that we had put together. I have put them on Youtube so that you can see for yourself what our amazing volunteers have been doing.
God of this City - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwq56Lx6EDU
God Is Smiling - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8QE8qxcHZw
Dream Center wishes to extend another big THANK YOU to all of its volunteers!!